2016-2017 Turf Buy Back GrantsProgram information
- $1 per square foot rebate (single-family residents can also choose to apply to SaveOurWaterRebates.com for funding - this will be available starting in late August)
- Artificial turf can be counted as "plant cover" (you may use the rebate toward a 1:1 replacement of artificial turf for grass)
- Single-family homes - if there is a fence, hedge or wall of any type/height between the street and your project, it is ineligible. Back yards are not eligible (check with SaveOurWaterRebates.com for funding)
- Large-scale projects will be scored based on scoring criteria
- Turf still must be in place at time of application - this means no retroactive turf removal projects will be approved
- Applicants must provide a before and after photo for conversions
- Rebates are considered taxable income by the IRS
Please note: Single-family homes will be approved on a first-come, first-served basis. Large-scale projects will NOT be evaluated in this way, but with the previously mentioned scoring criteria.
Applications will be available ONLINE (on this page) starting Wednesday, August 17 at noon. Single-family homes will be processed first come, first served. Large-scale projects will have until Friday, September 30, 2016 at noon to submit and will be judged by scoring criteria.
If you intend to apply, it is important that you review the following documents.
Large-scale projects (any HOA, business or public project, regardless of square footage)
Single-family home projects (no back yards or areas behind fence/wall/hedge/gate)
Map guide (large-scale projects only)
Workshops & Additional Information
On Thursday, July 21 we held several workshops for customers interested in the program. To view the presentations, click below.
2015-2016 Turf Buy Back Grants
If you are finished with your project, please click here to fill out the 'Project Complete' checklist. You will also need to submit your receipts and a completed W-9 form before we can issue your check.