2016-2017 Turf Buy Back Grants
We expect to have funding available for the 2016-17 fiscal year. The applications for this round will likely be available in August or September. The program will be much different than in previous years. The preliminary information on the program is as follows:
- $1 per square foot rebate (single-family residents can also choose to apply to SaveOurWaterRebates.com for additional funding - please wait for DWA eligibility info if you intend to apply for both)
- Artificial turf can be counted as "plant cover" (you may use the rebate toward a 1:1 replacement of artificial turf for grass)
- If there is a fence, hedge or wall of any type or height between the street and your project area it is ineligible for funding
- We will not require weed barrier, smart controller or pressure regulator and filter
- Turf still must be in place at time of application - this means no retroactive turf removal projects will be approved
2015-2016 Turf Buy Back Grants
Desert Water Agency accepted applications for this year's grant funds September 1 - October 1, 2015. The application period is now closed.
If you are finished with your project, please click here to fill out the 'Project Complete' checklist. You will also need to submit your receipts and a completed W-9 form before we can issue your check. You can hand this in at the time of your inspection or send to Ashley Metzger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a pressure regulator with a filter, which is required to be installed for the rebate - it can typically be purchased at any home improvement store or via Amazon.com.
Cathedral City Residents: Cathedral City's WaterSmart Grant program is still active. Residents can receive funds from Desert Water Agency as well as the city. If you are deemed ineligible for DWA's program you may still be eligible for the city's and vice versa.